Shahir Vasantrai Nanivadekar
Vasant Shankar Nanivadekar was born on Feb 2nd, 1930 at Nanivade, in Sindhudurga district(Maharashtra). He graduated with BA in Sanskrit, Marathi and Hindi Sahitya Sudhakar.He worked in the Police Commissioner office for 22 years (1949-1971). He wrote a Sanskrit powada called "Jayatu Bharati" in 1954 which was aired on AIR aakashwani (girvann Bharati). In 1956, Shahir Nanivadekar started the Nanivadekar Shahiri Sangam (Powada Sanstha), registered in 1985. He carried out numerous shibirs (camps), lok-kala programmes in schools and other institutes. Till date, 2500 shibirs were carried out by him. Out of them, 65-70 were Sanskrit shibirs. He has written powada rachana's in Marathi, Sanskrit and English.
- Sanaana Chi Durdasha [PDF].
- Shalivaahan Vrasha Pratipada[PDF].
- Lokmaanya Tilak [PDF].
- Go Maate Cha Powada [PDF].
- Sudhatai Joshi (Goa Swantantraye)[PDF].
- Gomaantaka Swatantraye Cha Itihaas [PDF].
- Golwalkar Guruji [PDF].
- Chhatrapati Shivaji [PDF].
- Lal Bahadur Shastri [PDF].
- Kaustubh [PDF].
- Swami Vivekananda [PDF].
- Vasai Cha Ranasangram, Chimaji Appa [PDF].
- Simla Karaara Nishedha [PDF].